Subject: RE: multiple charges
From: "Lynch, David" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 07:28:01 -0700

Michael,

I have looked into this and the anomaly of time does not lead me to
believe this is a technical issue, more like human error.  

The first transaction occurring at 8.37 then 19 minutes later another
then 17 minutes later another.  I do not know how long the screen could
be up before a new order would be placed but this is consistent with
someone losing their place working and re-entering information.  If
these transactions were in intervals that were synchronized time frames
like both took place 19 minutes apart I would look at a system issue but
there is no pattern.  Thanks. 

David

 

David Lynch

Enterprise Account Management

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online

12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 98128

Direct  402 952 8848  |  Cell  402 253 5570

Skype  dvdlynch  |  Fax  402 537 5790  

 

________________________________

From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 9:40 AM
To: Lynch, David
Subject: multiple charges

David,

I have a strange situation for you.  A customer called in stating they
have been charged 3 times.  My first thought was that the order was put
in three times.  However, we only have one order in our system and if
you look at the report for this credit card, there are 3 separate times
and several minutes apart.  How could this have happened?  We have the
last of these 3 transactions recorded as the sale.  I spoke to the rep
who took the call.  She reminded that this was a day when we were having
problems with our system and that she had hit the back button once.  She
said she only did that once.  Anyway, it probably the fault of our
system but can you check it to see if there is anything else that might
have transpired. 

Thank you,

Michael Bishop
Labor Law Poster Service
Phone 877-321-4144
Fax 888-442-4144
[email-masked]