Subject: RE: History PayPal
From: "Lynch, David" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:05:09 -0700

Mike,

I am glad you wanted me to elaborate; I discovered a reporting anomaly
that is related to Timeout Errors.  104's.  

Here is a snapshot of the transaction that happened at that time.  

EUJP1F3F35F7 <javascript:showDetails('EUJP1F3F35F7'%20)> 

01-28-2008 07:15:50 

Sale 

104 

1 

Visa 

4828XXXXXXXX8023 

1211 

USD 67.25 

<javascript:showDetails(''%20)> 

Timeout waiting for Processor 

W 

3.07 

 

EUJP1F3F3610 <javascript:showDetails('EUJP1F3F3610'%20)> 

01-28-2008 07:15:55 

Sale 

104 

1 

Visa 

4635XXXXXXXX3248 

0611 

USD 67.25 

<javascript:showDetails(''%20)> 

Timeout waiting for Processor 

W 

3.07 

 

EXJP1FA169CB <javascript:showDetails('EXJP1FA169CB'%20)> 

01-28-2008 07:17:03 

Sale 

0 

8 

PayPal 

 

USD 67.25 

<javascript:showDetails(''%20)> 

Approved 

0.00 

 

EUHP1F3F3773 <javascript:showDetails('EUHP1F3F3773'%20)> 

01-28-2008 07:17:12 

Sale 

0 

8 

Visa 

4828XXXXXXXX8023 

1211 

USD 67.25 

<javascript:showDetails(''%20)> 

Approved 

W 

3.07 

 

EUGP1F3F3791 <javascript:showDetails('EUGP1F3F3791'%20)> 

01-28-2008 07:17:19 

Sale 

0 

8 

Visa 

4635XXXXXXXX3248 

0611 

USD 67.25 

 

 

 

 

The two different Card involved in the 104 Errors look to the user like
a failed transaction, but some of these actually pass through and are
listed as a PayPal Transaction.  

Transaction EUJP1F3F35F7 <javascript:showDetails('EUJP1F3F35F7'%20)> was
a timeout that failed, and was re-entered by the user successfully, but
transaction EUJP1F3F3610 <javascript:showDetails('EUJP1F3F3610'%20)>
actually passed.  The sale for EUJP1F3F3610 is in EXJP1FA169CB and has
to be refunded from there.  

This would happen with all processors, but with PayPal the Credit Card
type gets changed to PayPal and eliminates the CC # which causes the
confusion.  

There are two suggestions my Technician gave me this morning:

1.	Change your timeout from 30 seconds to 120 seconds-this would be
in the API Calls (coding)
2.	Search for 104 Errors to ensure that if these do occur they are
not followed by a PayPal, if they are the transaction actually passed.  

I know that our engineers will look for a coding fix, but this may not
happen until the next code push-this could be 60 days.  

David Lynch

Enterprise Account Management

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online

12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 98128

Direct  402 952 8848  |  Cell  402 253 5570

Skype  dvdlynch  |  Fax  402 537 5790  

 

________________________________

From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 9:19 AM
To: Lynch, David
Subject: Re: History PayPal

Ok.  I still need help on this.  We have some discrepancies with the
Trans IDs being referenced.  I have the original 2 which are:

EUJP1F3F3610 & EUGP1F3F3791.  Is the Trans you just gave me replacing
one the original trans IDs?  I am not sure what to show in our system as
the "good" (used) trans ID and the one we are crediting.  Can you make
this a little more plain for me?  I need to know which trans ID my
system should record (keep) for the trans that we are not refunding and
which ID the new trans you gave me is replacing.  I will have our IT
person update our database so we can find it if we ever have to search
things out.  Thank you for your help.

	----- Original Message ----- 

	From: Lynch, David <mailto:[email-masked]>  

	To: Mike <mailto:[email-masked]>  

	Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:33 AM

	Subject: RE: History PayPal

	Mike, Try to refund this one from your side.  EXJP1FA169CB
<javascript:showDetails('EXJP1FA169CB'%20)> .  This should do it. 

	 

	David Lynch

	Enterprise Account Management

	PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online

	12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 98128

	Direct  402 952 8848  |  Cell  402 253 5570

	Skype  dvdlynch  |  Fax  402 537 5790  

	 

________________________________

	From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 8:57 AM
	To: Lynch, David
	Subject: Re: History PayPal

	Did you find anything out about this yet?

		----- Original Message ----- 

		From: Lynch, David <mailto:[email-masked]>  

		To: Mike <mailto:[email-masked]>  

		Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:27 PM

		Subject: RE: History PayPal

		Just a PP ID.  I am going to investigate how to get this
done in Manager also.  

		 

		David Lynch

		Enterprise Account Management

		PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online

		12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 98128

		Direct  402 952 8848  |  Cell  402 253 5570

		Skype  dvdlynch  |  Fax  402 537 5790  

		 

________________________________

		From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
		Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:41 AM
		To: Lynch, David
		Subject: Re: History PayPal

		Do you get a Verisign trans ID if you do a refund or
just PayPal #'s?

			----- Original Message ----- 

			From: Lynch, David <mailto:[email-masked]>  

			To: Mike <mailto:[email-masked]>  

			Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:35 AM

			Subject: RE: History PayPal

			I may have to refund it if they both error out.
I cannot tell you why this is happening, I was only provided with the
work around of manually refunding myself.  What can I provide you for
your records if I perform this?  

			 

			David Lynch

			Enterprise Account Management

			PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online

			12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 98128

			Direct  402 952 8848  |  Cell  402 253 5570

			Skype  dvdlynch  |  Fax  402 537 5790  

			 

________________________________

			From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
			Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:28 AM
			To: Lynch, David
			Subject: Re: History PayPal

			Is there a "new" ID trans # for our system that
I can credit?  (The transaction #'s you provided are not the usual
"Verisign" trans IDs we record).  I attempted to credit back Trans #
EUJP1F3F3610 which you said we were paid on and received the following
response:

_________________________________________________________

			Perform Transaction -- Result 

<javascript:popWindowHelp('https://www.paypal.com/en_US/vhelp/paypalmana
ger_help/paypalmanager.htm#perform_transaction_result.htm');> 

________________________________

			 

			Your transaction has been submitted. Details
about the transaction are displayed below.

Transaction Information

Result Code:

105

Response Message:

Credit error: EUJP1F3F3610 is a failed transaction

________________________________

Transaction ID:

EXHP2A11F38F

__________________________________________________________

			 

			 

			----- Original Message ----- 

				From: Lynch, David
<mailto:[email-masked]>  

				To: Mike <mailto:[email-masked]>

				Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:26
AM

				Subject: RE: History PayPal

				The transaction ending in 3610 posted to
PayPal at 9.16.56-Time Zone Time difference from 7.15 am.  The one
minute delay is the 57 seconds that it took to complete the time out,
and the processing time when the system did approve. 

				The transaction ending 3791 posted at
9.17.21-Time zone difference from 7.17 am.  This is the duplicate.  Both
transactions are for $67.25.  Hope this helps. 

				 

				David Lynch

				Enterprise Account Management

				PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay
online

				12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE
98128

				Direct  402 952 8848  |  Cell  402 253
5570

				Skype  dvdlynch  |  Fax  402 537 5790  

				 

________________________________

				From: Mike
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
				Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:16 AM
				To: Lynch, David
				Subject: Re: History PayPal

				David,

				None of these transactions line up with
either of the 2 transactions I have (including the times).  Can you tell
me which of these refer to:

				EUJP1F3F3610

				EUGP1F3F3791

				Thank you,

				Mike - LLPS

				----- Original Message ----- 

				From: Lynch, David
<mailto:[email-masked]>  

				To: Mike <mailto:[email-masked]>

				Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:55 AM

				Subject: History PayPal

  

2KY460491U499394G
<javascript:oc_view_associated_trans('19148583622','unknown')>  
(19148583622, 4KP2235PD2TEE) 
(Parent) 

...   

Web Accept Payment Received (no account) 

From 

Not provided 

13N01223B36269919@
<javascript:open_user_account('1562506350022933369',%20'account_number_1
562506350022933369')>   

Jan. 28, 2008 09:17:21 CST 

 Completed <javascript:oc_view_details(19148583622,0,4,%200%20)>  

$67.25 USD 

-$1.63 USD 

$65.62 USD 

$2,561.77 USD 

7WT08725NT041831A
<javascript:oc_view_associated_trans('19148581844','unknown')>  
(19148581844, 4KP2235PD2PXA) 

...   

Payment Fee 

... 

... 

... 

Jan. 28, 2008 09:17:14 CST 

 Completed <javascript:oc_view_details(19148581844,0,1,%200%20)>  

-$1.63 USD 

$0.00 USD 

-$1.63 USD 

$2,494.52 USD 

2SV902524U651974N
<javascript:oc_view_associated_trans('19148581843','unknown')>  
(19148581843, 4KP2235PD2PX8) 
(Parent) 

...   

Web Accept Payment Received (no account) 

From 

Not provided 

N/A

Jan. 28, 2008 09:17:14 CST 

 Completed <javascript:oc_view_details(19148581843,0,4,%200%20)>  

$67.25 USD 

-$1.63 USD 

$65.62 USD 

$2,496.15 USD 

8F226487CV438611Y
<javascript:oc_view_associated_trans('19148576597','unknown')>  
(19148576597, 4KP2235PD2DPC) 

...   

Payment Fee 

... 

... 

... 

Jan. 28, 2008 09:16:56 CST 

 Completed <javascript:oc_view_details(19148576597,0,1,%200%20)>  

-$1.63 USD 

$0.00 USD 

-$1.63 USD 

$2,428.90 USD 

30R48309BS439901K
<javascript:oc_view_associated_trans('19148576596','unknown')>  
(19148576596, 4KP2235PD2DPA) 
(Parent) 

...   

Web Accept Payment Received (no account) 

From 

Not provided 

13N01223B36269919@
<javascript:open_user_account('1562506350022933369',%20'account_number_1
562506350022933369')>   

Jan. 28, 2008 09:16:56 CST 

 Completed <javascript:oc_view_details(19148576596,0,4,%200%20)>  

$67.25 USD 

-$1.63 USD 

$65.62 USD 

$2,430.53 USD 

				 

				Mike,  Above I was able to copy a brief
part of the days history that contains both of the transaction and how
they affected your balance positively.  The same Credit Card is
designated by the 13N01223B36269919@
<javascript:open_user_account('1562506350022933369',%20'account_number_1
562506350022933369')> 

				 

				David Lynch

				Enterprise Account Management

				PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay
online

				12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE
98128

				Direct  402 952 8848  |  Cell  402 253
5570

				Skype  dvdlynch  |  Fax  402 537 5790