Subject: RE: Reminder: PCI certificate required
From: "Lynch, David" <[email-masked]>
To: "Customer Service" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:01:24 -0600

Michael,

The Credit Card Associations require all vendors (merchants) to be in
compliance with the current PCI Compliance Rules.  This is like making
sure your network is secure, not storing CC # with Exp Dates unless it
is encrypted.  

If you have never registered for compliance before go to Scan Alert site
a www.scanalert.com.  You should get a free years when you sign up, I
would guess somewhere in the signup flow it will ask who sponsors you.

Your previous processor would have had to manage this before paypal, you
did not do any audits etc last year?  

David Lynch

Account Manager 

PayPal.com 

The safest, easier way to pay online

12312 Port Grace Blvd, LaVista, NE 68128

Direct 402 952 8848 Cell 402 253 5570

[email-masked] 

-----Original Message-----
From: Customer Service [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:52 AM
To: Lynch, David
Subject: Fw: Reminder: PCI certificate required

David,
In English, how does this affect us?  Are we already secure?  Can you 
explain this better to me?
Thank you,
Mike - LLPS

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "Labor Law Poster Service" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:02 PM
Subject: Reminder: PCI certificate required

Dear Labor Law Poster Service,

I'm writing to remind you that you are required to be compliant with the

Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards.

----------------------------------------------------------------
What are the security standards my business needs to meet?
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) mandates that you meet minimum online 
security requirements. This means enrolling with a Visa and 
MasterCard-certified security vendor for PCI certification services 
consisting of Quarterly Security Scanning of your office and store
Internet 
connections as well as your website, plus the completion of a Security 
Self-Assessment Questionnaire.

For more information on this mandatory cardholder information security 
programs please go to:

Visa USA - 
http://usa.visa.com/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.htm
l

MasterCard - https://sdp.mastercardintl.com/cgi-bin/mainpage.cgi

----------------------------------------------------------------
PayPal's here to help - with cost-saving compliance resources.
----------------------------------------------------------------
-- We've contracted with ScanAlert, certified PCI vendor, to help our 
customers get in compliance at no cost for the first year.

--Enroll with ScanAlert online at: http//www.scanalert.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------
How does my business become - and stay - compliant?
----------------------------------------------------------------
4 steps to staying PCI compliant:

1.  Complete and pass the annual security self-assessment questionnaire.
2.  Complete and pass quarterly security scans of your internet 
infrastructure.
3.  Get your certificate of compliance.
4.  Fax your certificate to PayPal at (402)951-0448.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Please fax us your PCI certificate.
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you do not certify your compliance within 30 days, we will need to 
disable your Website Payments Pro account until you do so.

----------------------------------------------------------------
What if my business can't become certified within the timeframe you
request?
----------------------------------------------------------------
You can prevent your Website Payments Pro account from being disabled
by:

1.  Demonstrating a plan of action to become PCI compliant.
2.  Reply to this email with a plan of action within 7 days.
3.  After your initial request, you have 30 days to obtain your
certificate 
of compliance.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Questions?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Write to us at [email-masked]

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. As always, we 
appreciate your business.

(1) If you are not PCI-compliant, the Credit Card Association may impose

fines of more than $500,000per event for data security compromises.

Keep in mind, if merchants experience a data breach, they are ultimately
the 
ones held responsible for it.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

----------------------------------------------------------------
PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect 
yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. 
Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL every time
you 
log in to your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you

will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal
account 
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP1023