Subject: Transactions
From: "Lynch, David" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:04:52 -0700

Mike,

I am looking at the trends in declines and I wanted to share with you
some of what I am finding.  

I have 33 declines the previous week, and these are from 3 cards.
Meaning one of the cardholders tried 28 times to charge his item and in
this case each was declined with Hold-Call Center Errors.  Another tried
twice with the result of Invalid Card Number and the last one tried 3
times and was declined at the processor.  If you are getting reporting
on declines is it showing you which are the same card returning the same
error over and over?  This could make it appear that you are missing 33
potential sales but in reality you are missing 3, which were all
declined by the Processor or Bank.  Do you have a copy of how you are
viewing these declines?  

 

David Lynch

Enterprise Account Management

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online

12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 98128

Direct  402 952 8848  |  Cell  402 253 5570

Skype  dvdlynch  |  Fax  402 537 5790