Subject: RE: Transactions
From: "Lynch, David" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:18:21 -0700

Mike,  I have heard this before where the Processor provides back a code
that the customer service # at the bank tells the customer there is no
problem, but I we can only work on the information coming back from the
processor to ensure payment can be made.  Send me the next one you get
and I will chase it down.  

 

David Lynch

Enterprise Account Management

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online

12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 98128

Direct  402 952 8848  |  Cell  402 253 5570

Skype  dvdlynch  |  Fax  402 537 5790  

 

________________________________

From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 9:12 AM
To: Lynch, David
Subject: Re: Transactions

The only response we get is declined and a number.  Usually nothing else
is reported.

Also, we called the customer about the other card and they stated that
the card was active and they had used it other places and at other
times.  There bank said they had no problems on their end.  Just wanted
to let you know what they are saying.

Thank you,

Mike - LLPS

	----- Original Message ----- 

	From: Lynch, David <mailto:[email-masked]>  

	To: Mike <mailto:[email-masked]>  

	Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 10:04 AM

	Subject: Transactions

	Mike,

	I am looking at the trends in declines and I wanted to share
with you some of what I am finding.  

	I have 33 declines the previous week, and these are from 3
cards.  Meaning one of the cardholders tried 28 times to charge his item
and in this case each was declined with Hold-Call Center Errors.
Another tried twice with the result of Invalid Card Number and the last
one tried 3 times and was declined at the processor.  If you are getting
reporting on declines is it showing you which are the same card
returning the same error over and over?  This could make it appear that
you are missing 33 potential sales but in reality you are missing 3,
which were all declined by the Processor or Bank.  Do you have a copy of
how you are viewing these declines?  

	 

	David Lynch

	Enterprise Account Management

	PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online

	12312 Port Grace Blvd, La Vista, NE 98128

	Direct  402 952 8848  |  Cell  402 253 5570

	Skype  dvdlynch  |  Fax  402 537 5790