Subject: RE: similar transaction problem
From: "Lynch, David" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:46:18 -0600

Mike,

The Time Outs are making it appear to the buyer or to your internal
person entering the data that the transaction failed.  This is due to a
problem with Paypal Servers Timing out by obeying the commands in the
API code that directs how long the API call should take. 

I have addressed this with the product team and their direction has been
to up the API Call Times to 120 seconds.  We are aware of this issue
which should be intermittent but I have recently reported you and 3
other merchants that are having challenges with this.  

I have refunded all multiple transactions for the two issues from this
week, let me know if this pops up again.  Thanks. 

 

David Lynch

Enterprise Account Manager 

PayPal.com 

The safest, easier way to pay online

12312 Port Grace Blvd, LaVista, NE 68128

Direct 402 952 8848 Cell 402 253 5570

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  

________________________________

From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:29 PM
To: Lynch, David
Subject: similar transaction problem

David,

We just received a call from a customer stating they had charged twice.
Our system only recorded 1 transaction and 1 order.  I checked manager
and it had 2 transactions but 1 had timed out.  Can you check this out
also for me?  The transactions are as follows:

EUHP2CECEC5C  Result code: 104 

- Timeout waiting for Processor 

EUJP2CECEE44  result code: 0

- Approved

Let me know what you find out.

Thank you,

Michael Bishop
Labor Law Poster Service
Phone 877-321-4144
Fax 888-442-4144
[email-masked]