Subject: Your Consumer Complaint
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:36:04 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you for sending your consumer incident report to
ConsumerAffairs.com. The text of your report appears below.  PLEASE 
REVIEW IT NOW to be certain it is factually accurate.  Remember, you
are responsible for the accuracy of the information and you may
be held accountable for any inaccuracies.

We urge you to print the report or save it as a file for your 
permanent records.  

Your report will be reviewed by our editors and/or our legal counsel who
in turn may refer it to a person who concentrates in the particular
subject area. It is possible our attorneys will contact you for additional
information. You are under no obligation to them and will not be charged
for their initial evaluation. 

When we receive a report from our legal consultants, we may advise you of
a procedure or course of action, but we cannot give legal advice. Please
keep in mind that we are not providing your with legal advice and there is
no attorney-client relationship between us. We use the attorneys'
evaluation in our newsletters and Web sites and their evaluation does not
constitute legal advice to you. You should always consult an attorney
familiar with the laws in your locality. 

Thank you again for your report. We keep all of the reports we receive and
review them constantly to find patterns of abusive and misleading behavior
that works against the best interests of consumers. We also post excerpts
on our Web site as a guide to other consumers, so the information you
provide will benefit others and may help them make sound consumer
decisions. 

Since we are not always able to contact individual consumers with
follow-up information, we publish a free weekly newsletter which is
distributed by email. To active your subscription, go to http://consumeraffairs.com/newsletters/newsletters.htm. We
never sell or lease names on our list and we do not use it for any purpose
other than distributing our weekly newsletter. However, if you do not wish
to receive the newsletter, directions for canceling your subscription are
included in each week's edition. 

Thank you again for writing to us.  

James Hood
ConsumerAffairs.com Inc.
A private consumer advocacy publication -- not supported by taxpayer dollars
and not affiliated with any government agency.

------------------

Message that you sent:

Date = 2008-11-12-03:36:04
Name = MICHAEL BISHOP
Address = 2120 HOLIDAY LANE
City = LANSING
St = MI
Zip = 48917
Country = United States
Email = [email-masked]
Home phone = 517-321-4568
Work phone = 
Company Name = Dell Customer Service
Company Contact = 
Company Address = 
City = 
State/Prov = 
Zip2 = 
Country = United States
Company phone = 
Incident = I ordered an Insprion 1525 laptop on September 4, 2008.  About a week or so later, I received my order.  That would have been great if they had sent me the correct laptop.  They sent me a Latitude with a 12\" screen.  I called them and they eventually sent me out a replacement computer.  It looks great but I have already started having problems.  The fan is failing and the system locks up when trying to log off.  The only way to shut the computer down is to do a hard shutdown.  This is where the FUN part of the story starts.  I contacted technical support to try and get some help.  After reading the service tag number to the tech I was told that the computer I am calling about is listed as still being with Dell.  I instructed them that I was holding this computer so it could not be at Dell.  I was then told that since the service tag was not \"open\" that I would need to contact customer service at a different number.  I spoke with them and they gave me another num
 ber to customer service in Canada.  That person was of course not able to help me and I was transferred to another individual who could not help me.  This went on multiple times between 3 different departments.  Almost 2 hours later I had spoken to 11 different customer service, technical support, and/or financial service reps.  Today I tried to start over and call back in to Technical support where they again could not help me.  This time I was given a new 800 number to call because there is some kind of a hold on my account.  I called that number only to find out that no one was available at this time to service so I get to call back tomorrow to speak with the 14th person at Dell. Do you think they could maybe have some kind of customer service that actually benefits you when you call? It\'s November 11th and I already don\'t feel too good about this purchase. Maybe better luck tomorrow?  
Damage Resulting = Just hours of wasted time and a product that is less than satisfactory.
Contact me = N