Subject: Week ending May 26
From: Labor Law <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 14:29:10 -0400

Alabama - HB 26 Minimum Wage Act (for 2018) is still a Bill, not signed in
to law yet.

Alaska - SB 40 Workers Comp Bill (For 2018) in recess. I'm watching it.
Also, minimum wage will increase for 2018 based on inflation

Arizona - Arizona paid sick leave, effective July 1, 2017, Rhonda is
reviewing now. Minimum Wage will increase based on cost of living formula

Arkansas - No changes as of now

California - DFEH Criminal background effective July 1, 2017, I'm still
researching this law and also to see if it will affect the poster. Of
course, Minimum wage cost of living increase set of 2018

Colorado - Minimum Wage cost of living increase for 2018

Connecticut - Paid sick leave changed Jan 1, 2017, apparently they added
Independent contractors but I cannot find it in the posters on their DOL
site. I will continue to research it. Anti-Discrimination passed on May 23,
2017 to be effective July 1, 2017. Rhonda has it. Minimum wage cost of
living increase set for 2018.

DC - Fair Credit in Employment Amendment Act was passed and signed by the
DC mayor in February. I am still researching to see if there is anything we
need to do as far as postings.

Delaware - I have found a bill or two but nothing that is in the works for
2018 as of yet.

Florida - They are trying to change Workers Comp law - still in process.
Earned sick time might go on the ballot but I don't believe that is until
2018.