Subject: [MHW] Music update for the week of 9/18
From: "Amanda Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:08:12 -0400
List-Id: Mount Hope Worship <mhw.mhc.mounthopechurch.org>

In this week's update:

- THIS THURSDAY
- OCTOBER 8
- FUN DAY BONFIRE
- CHOIR OPEN HOUSE
- HAPPENING THIS WEEK
 
THIS THURSDAY
This Thursday Pastor Dave will be coming by to rehearse "Almost to
Glory" and "The Baptism of Jesse Taylor" with us at 7:30. This means
that the order of things Thursday night will be unusual. Here's the
plan. We will wrap up our worship/devo/announcements by 7:13. The band
will head off into the sanctuary and get a run through or two of "The
Baptism of Jesse Taylor" in. Choir will stay in the MPR and run through
"Almost to Glory" a few times with Nichole before coming to the
sanctuary at 7:25. This way, Pastor Dave won't need to wait for us to
get ready for him. After we've rehearsed with him, choir will go into
sectionals and the band will run the worship and the special ("I Saw the
Light"). If there's left, we'll bring everybody together again at the
end like normal.
 
OCTOBER 8
October 8 is a big day! We've got miracle Sunday, the service where we
bring our best gifts, and the premiere performance of GGOOS! Just a
heads up...that Sunday morning service will be even more unusual than
recent services *grin* and will require full band at the beginning and
at the end of service. The morning band and choir will need to plan to
stay through the end of the 11:30 service. We will bring in lunch that
day to keep everybody (and their tummies) happy and content.
 
FUN DAY
Our next fun day will be a bonfire on Friday, October 20, 6-11pm. Nick
and Lacey Klein have kindly offered their lovely house in Eagle as a
location. Please hold this date for fun and fellowship, food cooked on
an open fire, and more memorable moments with the Music and Media
family! *grin*

CHOIR OPEN HOUSE
The next choir open house will be November 2 with choir placement
following the 11:30 music service on November 5. We had to move it past
the fifth Sunday because the Florida Interchange is scheduled that week
and some of us will be out of town for that. We have a big goal of
growing the choir to 120 (just the first benchmark, mind you...200 is
the end goal) by next summer. That's about double our current size! Once
we get there, we can start to break up responsibilities of Sunday
morning services and special events to different groups of people rather
than always depending on the same group for every event. We need your
help, though, to invite people and spread the word! Be in prayer about
it and make sure you bring a choir buddy with you to the open house in
November. Remember, your choir buddy does not need to be someone you
already know - you could ask somebody you hear singing behind you in
Sunday night service or someone God leads you to talk to in the hallway.
Like Pam Thum said, we are courageous, even when talking to people we
don't know! Believe me, I'm preaching to myself as much as anyone else
on that one...

HAPPENING THIS WEEK
Tonight we are back to rehearsing Christmas music. The ensemble I'm
directing will meet at 5:30; the choir and the band will meet at 6:30.
Wednesday will be the last GGOOS production team meeting at 7:45 in the
TV Room. Thursday will be our normal rehearsal with the not normal
schedule outlined above. Sunday night the AM band and choir will be
doing special music accompanying Pastor Dave (Rich's team's covering the
worship service). Sound check will be at 5:15, but it would be helpful
if everyone arrived at 5:00 so we can get in order and transition
smoothly between bands.
 
Hope you regulars enjoyed your Sunday off! Many thanks for the team who
played yesterday. Some crazy stuff happened, but you all rolled with it.
I'm (the good kind of) proud of you! October schedules will be published
this week, so look for them soon!