Subject: [MHW] Music and Media update for the week of 11/20
From: "Amanda Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:33:31 -0500
List-Id: Mount Hope Worship <mhw.mhc.mounthopechurch.org>

In this week's update:
- REMINDERS FOR AM PEOPLE NEW AND SEASONED
- THURSDAY REHEARSAL MOVED
- PASSION PLAY AUDITIONS
- 2007 ROLLOUT
- HAPPENING THIS WEEK
 
REMINDERS FOR AM PEOPLE NEW AND SEASONED
Wardrobe...remember clothing worn on the platform Sunday mornings should
be 1) solid, not patterned; 2) matte, not sparkly; 3) at least business
casual...this means no jeans, hoodies, track suits, sweats, etc. A
patterned accessory here and there is okay (I'm thinking of Niki's wide
striped black and white belt from yesterday), but that's all the pattern
you should wear. Also, everyone on the platform excluding the worship
team is wearing black and white until further notice. Please make sure
your outfit is completely black and white. The worship team's wardrobe
is a separate entity to itself, so please don't reference them for your
outfits. If you have any questions about wardrobe, Nichole and Penny
would be two good sources to ask.
 
Perfume and cologne...some people have allergies to fragrances, so keep
them light on Sundays.
 
THURSDAY REHEARSAL MOVED
Thursday is Thanksgiving, so we'll be rehearsing for Sunday morning on
Tuesday instead. Samantha will be there to watch the kids. We won't have
rooms to break off into sectionals, however, so we'll meet in music one
and then choir will stay there and rehearse together under Penny's
direction.
 
PASSION PLAY AUDITIONS
The Passion Play opens on March 25 this year, so we need to get an early
start on it! Auditions for the production will be held January 6 and 7,
12:30-2:00pm. A list of speaking/singing characters to be cast is
attached. This year's production is COMPLETELY original; script, music,
the whole thing. Never before has a completely original production been
performed at Mount Hope Church, so it's an exciting thing to be a part
of! I will be in the studio next month finishing up at least scratch
tracks for the original songs to be used in auditions. Additional
materials will be available later, but I just wanted to give you guys a
heads up early on.
 
2007 ROLLOUT
We'll be rolling out plans for 2007 to the entire Department on January
19 (6-9pm) and 20 (9-11a). Please keep these dates open; we need
everyone present.
 
HAPPENING THIS WEEK
We have rehearsal for the Christmas production tonight at 6:30 in the
sanctuary. We will run through the entire production (musically, anyway)
tonight with the dancers. Please plan to stay until 9:30...hopefully we
get out sooner than that, but I'd rather under promise and over deliver.
Tuesday at 7:00 the choir and AM band will rehearse. Remember to meet in
music one instead of the MPR this week only. Thursday is
Thanksgiving...have an awesome turkey day! Full cast rehearsals for the
production begin next week - music should be performance ready by
November 27 as we'll be spending the rest of the rehearsals blocking and
perfecting the non-musical elements of the show.