Subject: Exciting news to share tonight!
From: Marisa Bishop <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 15:15:57 -0500

Hi mom & dad!

I wanted to reach out to see if we can meet tonight about some really
awesome things the Lord is preparing me for, and what I'm feeling called to
in this next season of my life. It's so exciting and I want you both to be
a part of it, as you are parents (the only two I have in the world! :) ).
For the past year, and past couple months in particular, I have felt the
burden and passion to step into full time ministry. As you both know, I
have a lot on my plate right now (which is amazing & I love so much!), but
with doing that and Jackson, it makes it really difficult to do ALL that
God has called me to do. I have to transition to full time, and after
patiently waiting, I believe full heartedly that that time is now! *I want
to meet tonight to talk about what that looks like. The reason why I'm
emailing before hand is because, as you know, I'm not always the best at
communication, so I wanted to get as much of my thoughts out beforehand and
give you a heads up to think about too. :)*

I'm so grateful for the way you two raised me to serve the Lord. I wouldn't
be the woman I am today without your leading. I thank God everyday for the
amazing example you both have been in my life, and how you have constantly
reminded me and guided me to look towards Jesus as my source of life, and
that he's all that matters. Your dedication to Jesus and our family is
inspiring to me.

Every time I walk into Fairview, or any of the other Lansing schools, the
Lord reminds me of who and what He's called me to be. It's a privilege and
honor to respond to this call. There's nothing like loving & serving people
for Jesus.

My whole life has led up to this point. Being raised in the church, going
to a Christian school, etc. have all prepared me for this calling. And I
don't take that lightly. When I look at all the words from the Lord that
I've received throughout my life about what I'm supposed to do, it all
points to serving at City Life.

With City Life being a new church, and still in the growing phase
financially, this looks like me raising funds to transition out of Jackson.
Now I know, as parents, this probably seems scary for your daughter, as
this doesn't sound "stable", but I'm trusting and believing in what God has
instructed me to do. Practically, this looks like me raising $2,000/month.
There are so many things I'll be able to more or even better that I'm
already doing when I transition to full time. I am so excited! And I hope
that you will be too. :)

I want to meet tonight and discuss this further and hear any thoughts,
questions, encouragement that you might have for me! I can walk your
through more of what that looks like as we talk in person.

Love you guys so much!

-- 
*Marisa Bishop*

*Administrator*
citylifelansing.com
@marisanbishop