Subject: Low Income Tax Credit
From: "Ryan Hafer" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mike Bishop" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:39:35 -0400

Working individuals or families may be eligible
for the Commonwealth of Virginia
LOW income tax credit
The Credit for Low Income Individuals (CLI) is a tax credit for people who
work hard and don’t make much money. You must meet certain requirements to
be eligible.
If your total family Virginia adjusted gross income is less than the amounts
established under federal poverty guidelines, or the United States
Department of Health and Human Services Poverty guidelines, you may qualify
to claim the CLI.
Find out if you qualify for the CLI by visiting:
http://www.tax.virginia.gov/site.cfm?alias=LowIncomeCredit.
Claiming the credit is quick and easy when you use iFile, the free State
Internet filing service, to file your Virginia income tax return. If you are
eligible to claim the CLI, iFile will guide you through a simple
step-by-step process to fill out your return and compute your credit.
For more information visit the Virginia State Tax website at:
www.individual.tax.virginia.gov or call 1-804-786-2992.
Two ways to increase your income:
The Federal Earned Income Tax Credit
The Commonwealth of Virginia Tax Credit
This message is brought to you by
The Virginia Department of Social Services