Subject: RE: Boxes
From: "Jodey Leser" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Michael B'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 08:35:48 -0500

Hi Michael,

I figured out the issue with the 2" cores!  We have four 2" mandrels.  The
last order was run on the 2.000".  In the future, I will specify that your
cores are run on the 2.015".  I will also specify staples for you.  Thank
you for working with us on this.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jodey Leser

Cascade Paper Converters, LLC

4935 Starr St. SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49546

616-974-9165

From: Michael B [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:52 PM
To: Jodey Leser
Subject: Re: Boxes

Hello Jodey.

First, let me address the staple issue. I am pretty sure in the past, we
have received those 2" tubes with just 2 staples and used to receive the 3"
with 3 staples and the 6" with 4 or 5. It really most important with the
larger tubes needing the extra staples because of the extra content and
weight. If your 2" stapler has 3, we don't mind. We do need at least 3 in
the 3" and at least 4 in the 6". As far as the 2" tubes having a thicker
wall. It may not be the case but they have been difficult to close. I kind
of was thinking that we have previously had something happening before. But
I feel it actually had something to do with the way the tubes were being cut
but I can't quite recall. The caps seem to be the same as before as we are
still using caps from the previous orders. So, not sure what it may be but
it does seem as though the ends of the tubes are tighter. Let me know what
you think.

Thank you,
Michael B
LLPS

From: Jodey Leser <mailto:[email-masked]>  

Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 1:14 PM

To: 'Michael B' <mailto:[email-masked]>  

Subject: RE: Boxes

Hi Mike,

Tag, your it!  J

I looked over our run sheet for the 2" and our quality checks say it was run
at a .060 wall.  However, he has about 20 checks and the wall didn't vary at
all, it's constant .060.  I'm pretty positive that rarely happens and he
didn't actually measure.  Do you have a wall tolerance?  Like run between
.055 and .060 and don't go over?  I checked our last two orders and they
were run at a .053 once and .055 another.  Should I put a tolerance of run
between .050 and .055?  Or whatever you would like.

I know why we put three staples in the 2", we have a three headed stapler,
that we use for another 2" customer and they just used that.  We don't have
a spec as to how many staples to use for each size.  Would you like me to
add something?  If so, let me know about the 6" also.

Regards,

Jodey Leser

Cascade Paper Converters, LLC

4935 Starr St. SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49546

616-974-9165

From: Michael B [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 10:45 AM
To: Jodey Leser
Subject: Re: Boxes

Hello Jodey.

I just wanted to follow up with you in regards to the last delivery and
bring a couple of small things to your attention. On this last order, it
appears that the 2" tubes may have been set up to have a slightly thicker
wall. The caps do not fit as well as they have in the past. They do weigh a
slight bit more but fortunately not enough to push the postage to the next
tier. The next thing has to do with the stapling of the tubes. It appears
that someone must have their instructions backwards. The 3" tubes got 2
staples and the 2" tubes got 3 staples. We need that switched as it's
overkill for the 2" and not enough for the 3". Also it looks like they may
have switched to a heavier duty staple which many times are not fully
stapled through the tubes or hanging off the cap. So we are having to pull
many of those out and re-staple them. Just some minor adjustments but it
would help my production to be smoother if we can get those things remedied.
Let me know if you have any questions. Much appreciated!

Thank you,
Michael B
LLPS

From: Jodey Leser <mailto:[email-masked]>  

Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:15 AM

To: 'Michael B' <mailto:[email-masked]>  

Subject: RE: Boxes

Hi Michael,

Sorry, we have way too many hands in the pot.  I was just informed we have
an empty truck in your area and will stop by and get any empty boxes you
have.  I will speak with Tom regarding new boxes.

We will deliver on Tuesday for you J

Regards,

Jodey Leser

Cascade Paper Converters, LLC

4935 Starr St. SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49546

616-974-9165

From: Michael B [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:03 AM
To: Jodey Leser
Subject: Re: Boxes

Hello Jody.

That will be alright for now but since we are sending less back, because of
marked up or damaged boxes that are disposed of, you may want to think about
getting an order in for some new boxes. But we can take some if they are not
too large. Just harder to move larger boxes when they are full of product. 

Thank you,
Michael B
LLPS

From: Jodey Leser <mailto:[email-masked]>  

Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:53 AM

To: 'Michael B' <mailto:[email-masked]>  

Subject: Boxes

Hi Michael,

We are about 40 boxes short for your order.  Will it be ok to use our boxes
to finish up?  It will be a different quantity than your boxes, but we will
label them with the different quantity.  Let me know if this will work.
Thanks!

Regards,

Jodey Leser

Cascade Paper Converters, LLC

4935 Starr St. SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49546

616-974-9165