Subject: RE: Last tube order
From: "Jodey Leser" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Michael B'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 16:29:15 -0500

Hi Mike,

I understand your concerns, completely.  The cores coming in tomorrow will
be in our new boxes, not used.  It was just you needed the order so quickly,
we were caught off guard without enough new boxes.  Please let me know what
you think of the new ones.  Unfortunately, the pallets are already packed on
the truck without the boxes taped.  We are shipping in 15 pallets tomorrow,
however, we will still owe you 4 more pallets.  I will keep you posted as to
when those will come in, most likely Friday, but I will contact you when I
know for sure.  I am so sorry for the 3 deliveries!

Moving forward we will use new boxes, taped, we will not over ship, and we
will only have one shipment, unless you have a rush.  Thank you!!

Regards,

Jodey Leser

Cascade Paper Converters, LLC

4935 Starr St. SE

Grand Rapids, MI 49331

616-974-9165

From: Michael B [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 12:25 PM
To: Jodey Leser
Subject: Last tube order

Hello Jodey.

I had a couple of things that I wanted to let you know about the last order
we received.  First, we were sent more than what was ordered of the 3"
tubes.  I know that your shipping probably want to send full boxes but they
over sent about 250 tubes (7 cases with 36/box).  I really only want what is
ordered and feel this is a bit excessive.  Also the size of the boxes the
tubes come in are kind of large.  It's not a space issue but a weight issue.
We are using these boxes to transport the tubes and they are quite heavy
when the tubes are full.  Our other vendor uses a 16" x 16" x 21.5" box for
all of the 2" (56 tubes/case) and 3" tubes (25 tubes/case).  The advantage
of using the larger boxes is that you are not having to get boxes as often.
My concern is that they are now having to move a full box that is probably
about 50 percent heavier.  Next all of the 3" boxes we received were not
sealed (or taped) which makes a bit more difficult to move as they are a bit
flimsy that way.  I think these boxes may be reused as they had multiple
sets of markings such as dates and different sizes and they looked a little
worn.  Also, not sure if something happened before or during the delivery
but many of the boxes were pretty dirty (muddy).  Since we have to off load
these by hand, we didn't care much for that.  Which leads me to my next
point.  Since we do not have a lift, the boxes have to off loaded all by
hand.  The driver that came was not very happy about that as he repeatedly
told us he had to make a delivery to Indiana.  He just had to wait.  He did
say that he was going to inform someone of the need for the lift-gate.  If
you do have a truck with a lift, it will speed up the delivery process quite
a bit or the driver will just have to wait until they are off loaded.  I
called in this morning to talk to you and they said you were on the road
today.  They were able to tell me that they were finishing up on the 2"
today and that they would be coming tomorrow.  We are going prepare for
that.  Please confirm with them and let me know if you find out something
different.

Thank you,
Michael B
LLPS