Subject: RE: UPS / Filemake integration
From: "Frank R. Vargas Jr." <[email-masked]>
To: "'Mike'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 11:48:41 -0400

This is all you need to get started.  The ODBC connection is the main issue
right now.

Frank

 

  _____  

From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:26 AM
To: Frank R. Vargas Jr.
Subject: Fw: UPS / Filemake integration

Frank,

This is what Tim sent over to me.  Is this all I need to forward to
Jonathan?  I want to make sure we have things spelled out for him when I
send out the email.  Let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

----- Original Message ----- 

From: Phillips Tim (det1tjp) <mailto:[email-masked]>  

To: Mike <mailto:[email-masked]>  

Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:07 AM

Subject: RE: UPS / Filemake integration

Hi Mike,

We really have 2 issues. The first is getting the ODBC connection to work.
We could not access the data from WorldShip or from Microsoft Access. It
appears that it is either a rights issue or that we did not have the correct
ODBC driver. 

The second issue is what file we need to access in order to get all of
information we need. Is there one file that contains the invoice number and
the ship to address information? If not, how are we going to bring those
elements together so WorldShip can access it?

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 8:46 AM
To: Phillips Tim (det1tjp)
Subject: Fw: UPS / Filemake integration

Hey Tim,

You had mentioned that you wanted to see a copy of the email I was going to
be sending to our filemaker specialist.  If you have additional concerns
please feel free to forward thsoe back to me as well.  I will wait to see
what your response before I proceed.  Jonathan (my "filemaker guy") is
already aware of our need for his help and is looking for our questions.  As
soon as can please email me back.

Thanks,

Michael Bishop

Labor Law Poster Service

----- Original Message ----- 

From: Frank R. Vargas Jr. <mailto:[email-masked]>  

To: [email-masked] 

Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 2:07 PM

Subject: UPS / Filemake integration

Hello Mike,

 

From what I understand we are trying to use data in the Filemaker database
to update to Worldship program on the UPS computer.

The first problem that we ran into that needs to be solved is with the ODBC
interface.  We were unable to get Microsoft Access to open the tables in
Filemaker.

Here are some of the fields that we need to access:

Ship to:

Name

Address

Ship Via

Contact Phone

Invoice Number

Thanks

Frank