Subject: Fw: Attention: Mandatory PCI compliance requirements
From: "Customer Service" <[email-masked]>
To: "Michael Grove" <[email-masked]>, "Joey Sheets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:45:45 -0400

Mike & Joey,
I am not exactly sure how this affects us but I thought we might want to 
make sure we have everything in line as far as our processing of any credit 
cards.  Let me know if you need anything from me as far as this goes.
Thank you,
Mike - LLPS

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "Labor Law Poster Service" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 11:01 PM
Subject: Attention: Mandatory PCI compliance requirements

Dear Labor Law Poster Service,

The Credit Card Associations (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) 
have developed and implemented programs to ensure that cardholder data is 
stored and transmitted securely. These programs have recently been aligned - 
and demonstrated compliance is mandatory for your business.
------------------------------------------------------------
What is PCI compliance?
------------------------------------------------------------
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) mandates that you meet minimum online data 
security requirements. This means enrolling with a certified security vendor 
for PCI certification services consisting of:

1.  Quarterly security scanning of your office and store internet 
connections, as well as your website.
2.  Completion of a security self-assessment questionnaire.

For more information on this mandatory cardholder information security 
programs please go to:

Visa USA - 
http://usa.visa.com/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html

MasterCard - https://sdp.mastercardintl.com/cgi-bin/mainpage.cgi

------------------------------------------------------------
PayPal is here to help with compliance resources.
------------------------------------------------------------
-- We've contracted with ScanAlert, certified PCI vendor, to help our 
customers get in compliance at no cost for the first year.

--Enroll with ScanAlert online at: http//www.scanalert.com/

--If you choose to enroll with ScanAlert please let them know you are a 
PayPal Merchant

------------------------------------------------------------
How does my business become - and stay - compliant?
------------------------------------------------------------
4 steps to staying PCI compliant:

1.  Complete and pass the annual security self-assessment questionnaire.
2.  Complete and pass quarterly security scans of your internet 
infrastructure.
3.  Get your certificate of compliance.
4.  Fax your certificate to PayPal at (402)951-0448.

------------------------------------------------------------
What does PayPal need from my business in the next 7 days?
------------------------------------------------------------
Please fax your certificate of compliance to: (402)951-0448.If you do not 
have a PCI certificate, please provide a plan of action to us with:

- A scheduled date for the security scan and questionnaire with a PCI 
certified vendor within 30 days of this request.
------------------------------------------------------------
Questions?
------------------------------------------------------------
Write to us at [email-masked]

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. As always, we 
appreciate your business.

(1) If you are not PCI-compliant, the Credit Card Association may impose 
fines of more than $500,000per event for data security compromises.
(2) You are not required to enroll with ScanAlert, and may select another 
vendor.  Keep in mind, if merchants experience a data breach, they are 
ultimately the ones held responsible for it.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

----------------------------------------------------------------
PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect 
yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. 
Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you 
log in to your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you 
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account 
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP1022