Subject: Re: Question about item # 5204808 Guitar - Roy Clark Signature Guitar
From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
To: "Collectibles Customer Service" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:26:34 -0400

The shipping was coming up $42-$43 to my address when I checked it.  That 
may have been why more people did not bid on the item.  It was costing 
significantly more just to ship it.  Anyway, the auction ended before I 
received the response so I didn't want to take a chance on paying those kind 
of fees just shipping it.  No big deal.  I appreciate the response anyway! 
Have a great day!
Thank you,
Michael Bishop
[email-masked]

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Collectibles Customer Service" <[email-masked]>
To: "Michael Bishop" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 11:53 AM
Subject: RE: Question about item # 5204808 Guitar - Roy Clark Signature 
Guitar

The item is not 42lbs - this is covered in the FAQ's at shopgoodwill.com:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/help/faq.asp#OverSize

"Why does the shipping weight state 30 lbs. or 70 lbs. when the item weighs 
less than that?

Most major shipping carriers assess additional charges on packages that 
exceed a certain size (i.e. length x width x height) limit set by the 
carrier, regardless of the actual package weight, resulting in an Oversize 
Shipping rate that is calculated using a billable weight larger than the 
actual package weight. Please note that the weight that appears in the 
shipper's tracking information may not reflect the billed Oversize rate. For 
more information on oversize shipping rates by carrier, click on the 
applicable carrier name below:

UPS - http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/prepare/dim_weight.html

FedEx - 
http://www.fedex.com/us/services/shipinfo/fees/descriptions.html#oversize

USPS - http://postcalc.usps.gov/mailpiecedimensions.asp#LargePackage"

A 50x20x8 package equates to a 42lbs dimensional weight. We cannot provide 
for pickups by other carriers as you describe - however, the savings would 
have to be significant with your UPS account to beat the charge from FedEx. 
I am showing a charge of $19.82 IF we had daily pick up as quoted at 
UPS.com. The FedEx charge is $16.70.

Collectibles Customer Service
Goodwill Industries of the Columbia-Willamette

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Bishop [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 8:16 AM
To: Collectibles Customer Service
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Question about item # 5204808 Guitar - Roy Clark Signature Guitar

Note: Message forwarded to [email-masked] and cc'd to 
[email-masked]

Does the package really weigh 43 lbs?  I was wondering if I could use my UPS 
account for shipping.  It would be quite a bit less for me.  I would really 
appreciate it.
Thank you,
Mike

Buyerid of logged in buyer: bishop12565

shopgoodwill.com Time: 9/9/2009 8:15:50 AM PT