Subject: Fw: [ ] Mandatory federal GINA Law effective 11/21/09
From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
To: "Rhonda Ames" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 08:25:20 -0400

[ ] Mandatory federal GINA Law effective 11/21/09Any word if this is something we are going to need to provide?
Thank you,
Michael Bishop
Labor Law Poster Service
Phone 877-321-4144
Fax 888-442-4144
[email-masked] 
----- Original Message ----- 
From: Bridges, Josh 
To: Mike 
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 10:43 AM
Subject: FW: [ ] Mandatory federal GINA Law effective 11/21/09

 

Should we be pitching this on the posters?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Federal GINA Update [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Mon 10/12/2009 11:25 PM
To: Jim Borum
Subject: [ ] Mandatory federal GINA Law effective 11/21/09

JIM,

On November 21, 2009, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of
2008 which was signed into law on May 21, 2008, will go into effect. This Act
is intended to prevent employers from discriminating against individuals
based on genetic tests and information. GINA will require that covered
entities obtain and post notices informing covered individuals of their
rights under the law.

http://pbcompliance.com/gina09?id=2734053157&L=09fedgina15C&S=GA

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) poster may change to
include information about the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, as
well as the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) poster. All covered employers are
required to post the most recent EEO notice along with the 5 other required
Federal Posters.

Who it affects:

   * all private employers with 15 or more employees

   * certain public sector employers

   * employment agencies and labor organizations

http://pbcompliance.com/gina09?id=2734053157&L=09fedgina15C&S=GA

Failure to display all required State and Federal posters can lead to fines
of up to $17,000.

Our Complete Compliance Federal poster now combines all SIX mandatory posters
from all SIX Federal Agencies in one convenient poster, including those
mentioned above, ensuring you are in compliance. All Complete Compliance
Federal posters are printed on recycled paper and laminated for extra
durability.

Pre-order this poster now to ensure you remain in compliance once the GINA
regulations go into effect. Call 800-226-2327 and we'll give you a mandatory
posting consultation for both your Federal and State mandatory posting needs.

Thank you for being a customer of Progressive Business
Publications. We look forward to helping you with your future
compliance needs.

Maria Larson
Marketing Manager
Progressive Business Compliance
370 Technology Drive
Malvern, PA 19355

Please forward this message to anyone else in your organization
responsible for labor law compliance.

This message was sent from a send-only mailbox that is unable to
accept replies. If you wish to contact us, please call us at
800-226-2327.

If you do not want to receive further updates on compliance changes:
http://www.pbcompliance.com/?TLM=20&Id=2734053157

ContactID#: -1752537826

Use priority code E4053157-2700.