Subject: Re: [ ] Mandatory federal GINA Law effective 11/21/09
From: "Mike" <[email-masked]>
To: "Bridges, Josh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 15:21:43 -0500

[ ] Mandatory federal GINA Law effective 11/21/09Josh,
I just got a final decision on the GINA law.  Fairly recently, the Equal Employment Law Poster was revised to include that law and a few other updates.  Please go ahead and pitch this stating the effective date being November 21, 2009.  Call me if you have any questions or concerns regarding any of this matter.
Thank you,
Michael Bishop
Labor Law Poster Service
Phone 877-321-4144
Fax 888-442-4144
[email-masked] 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Bridges, Josh 
  To: Mike 
  Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 9:43 AM
  Subject: FW: [ ] Mandatory federal GINA Law effective 11/21/09

   

  Should we be pitching this on the posters?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: Federal GINA Update [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Mon 10/12/2009 11:25 PM
  To: Jim Borum
  Subject: [ ] Mandatory federal GINA Law effective 11/21/09

  JIM,

  On November 21, 2009, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of
  2008 which was signed into law on May 21, 2008, will go into effect. This Act
  is intended to prevent employers from discriminating against individuals
  based on genetic tests and information. GINA will require that covered
  entities obtain and post notices informing covered individuals of their
  rights under the law.

  http://pbcompliance.com/gina09?id=2734053157&L=09fedgina15C&S=GA

  The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) poster may change to
  include information about the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, as
  well as the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) poster. All covered employers are
  required to post the most recent EEO notice along with the 5 other required
  Federal Posters.

  Who it affects:

     * all private employers with 15 or more employees

     * certain public sector employers

     * employment agencies and labor organizations

  http://pbcompliance.com/gina09?id=2734053157&L=09fedgina15C&S=GA

  Failure to display all required State and Federal posters can lead to fines
  of up to $17,000.

  Our Complete Compliance Federal poster now combines all SIX mandatory posters
  from all SIX Federal Agencies in one convenient poster, including those
  mentioned above, ensuring you are in compliance. All Complete Compliance
  Federal posters are printed on recycled paper and laminated for extra
  durability.

  Pre-order this poster now to ensure you remain in compliance once the GINA
  regulations go into effect. Call 800-226-2327 and we'll give you a mandatory
  posting consultation for both your Federal and State mandatory posting needs.

  Thank you for being a customer of Progressive Business
  Publications. We look forward to helping you with your future
  compliance needs.

  Maria Larson
  Marketing Manager
  Progressive Business Compliance
  370 Technology Drive
  Malvern, PA 19355

  Please forward this message to anyone else in your organization
  responsible for labor law compliance.

  This message was sent from a send-only mailbox that is unable to
  accept replies. If you wish to contact us, please call us at
  800-226-2327.

  If you do not want to receive further updates on compliance changes:
  http://www.pbcompliance.com/?TLM=20&Id=2734053157

  ContactID#: -1752537826

  Use priority code E4053157-2700.