Subject: Fw: Reminder: PCI certificate required
From: "Customer Service" <[email-masked]>
To: "David Lynch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:51:31 -0400

David,
In English, how does this affect us?  Are we already secure?  Can you 
explain this better to me?
Thank you,
Mike - LLPS

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: "Labor Law Poster Service" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:02 PM
Subject: Reminder: PCI certificate required

Dear Labor Law Poster Service,

I'm writing to remind you that you are required to be compliant with the 
Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards.

----------------------------------------------------------------
What are the security standards my business needs to meet?
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) mandates that you meet minimum online 
security requirements. This means enrolling with a Visa and 
MasterCard-certified security vendor for PCI certification services 
consisting of Quarterly Security Scanning of your office and store Internet 
connections as well as your website, plus the completion of a Security 
Self-Assessment Questionnaire.

For more information on this mandatory cardholder information security 
programs please go to:

Visa USA - 
http://usa.visa.com/business/accepting_visa/ops_risk_management/cisp.html

MasterCard - https://sdp.mastercardintl.com/cgi-bin/mainpage.cgi

----------------------------------------------------------------
PayPal's here to help - with cost-saving compliance resources.
----------------------------------------------------------------
-- We've contracted with ScanAlert, certified PCI vendor, to help our 
customers get in compliance at no cost for the first year.

--Enroll with ScanAlert online at: http//www.scanalert.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------
How does my business become - and stay - compliant?
----------------------------------------------------------------
4 steps to staying PCI compliant:

1.  Complete and pass the annual security self-assessment questionnaire.
2.  Complete and pass quarterly security scans of your internet 
infrastructure.
3.  Get your certificate of compliance.
4.  Fax your certificate to PayPal at (402)951-0448.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Please fax us your PCI certificate.
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you do not certify your compliance within 30 days, we will need to 
disable your Website Payments Pro account until you do so.

----------------------------------------------------------------
What if my business can't become certified within the timeframe you request?
----------------------------------------------------------------
You can prevent your Website Payments Pro account from being disabled by:

1.  Demonstrating a plan of action to become PCI compliant.
2.  Reply to this email with a plan of action within 7 days.
3.  After your initial request, you have 30 days to obtain your certificate 
of compliance.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Questions?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Write to us at [email-masked]

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. As always, we 
appreciate your business.

(1) If you are not PCI-compliant, the Credit Card Association may impose 
fines of more than $500,000per event for data security compromises.

Keep in mind, if merchants experience a data breach, they are ultimately the 
ones held responsible for it.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

----------------------------------------------------------------
PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect 
yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. 
Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you 
log in to your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you 
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account 
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PP1023